Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Latest News

Let's see, Christmas was wonderful and busy. Jeremy and Ave jumped off Nana and PaJ's roof into a big snow pile but I am hessitant to put the video on. Bo went skiing for the first time and loved it. Ave and I rode the snowmobile to Don and Donna's home because there was so much snow and there weren't many cars on the road. So fun. Last night Carli graduated from her incubator into a crib and she is now 4 lbs. I don't know what happened to the 3 lb stage but it sure went quickly. They pulled her off of the constant feeds so now she gets her food in a 2 hour period with a 1 hour rest in between feeds and so far that is going well (meaning she is able to digest her food well). She is 2 months old and my goodness how the last month has gone by quickly.

6 comments:

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

she is getting bigger and we are so glad to hear that she graduated to a "big girl" crib:-) Don and Donnas fron yard looks scarry I bet it won't be melted until June! Thanks for the new pics.

Amanda Impett said...

I'm glad she is doing well. I'm happy to hear about all the progress that she is making no doubt thanks to prayers and the love she is getting. Love can do wondrous things. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts

Andy said...

It's nice to hear how well Carli is doing! I finally got to see her teeny-tiny diaper that you sent back with Kristi - oh my goodness! I agree with Mindy...Don and Donna's yard full of snow looks scary. I can't believe how much snow you guys are getting. I really really want to see the roof jumping video too. Pretty please??

Rachael said...

I remember sitting next to Jordy's isolate, crocheting (not sure if I spelled it right) when the nurses wouldn't let me hold her for some unknown reason (too much stimulation was the excuse~ which was probably true but I still hated it)and they would tell me "you might as well go home and get some rest" I'd say I was fine and stay and sit and crochet beenies for other preemies when they got to go home home before us!
But all the books and activities were fun for Drew while Jes and I would take our turns visiting Jordan. That memory seems forever ago (medically), but We'll always remember it like it was yesterday in our hearts.

Now Jordan is almost four and she's still a fighter!! No Joke!! Or I say she's just like her Daddy!!Hee hee!

Live everyday to its fullest said...

YEAH CARLIE!!!! I am so happy she is growing and is healthy! Keep it up little one!

I had to laugh about the kids jumping off the roof! Was that Jers idea?????

Erin McSpadden said...

yeah, totally jers idea!