Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Today is much better than yesterday!

So I made sugar cookies with frosting (like the lofthouse kind) today! Do you think they are better for you if make them with fresh ground whole wheat flour and organic sugar? hum... i bet with the frosting they are just as bad. Oh well, they are still yummy, and I had that craving and after dealing with sick kiddos for two weekends and counting, I SO DESERVE THEM!

And I just have to brag that I have such a rockin' visiting teacher (and great friend). I think she had an inspiration to call me yesterday to chat and I totally opened up and was way too emotional but she had some great words of wisdom and it really helped and I needed to hear what she had to say. Then today she brought over a lovely flowers and a sweet note!

Just evidence of the Lords tender mercies.

4 comments:

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

i love when people are in tune and I especially love great visiting teachers. Glad you were able to have a good talk :-) By the way where are the pics of the cookies?

Lee and Sharon said...

Yummy cookies Erin. Love those.
Hang in there, - this too will pass. Be grateful they just have colds and not chicken pox.

Erin McSpadden said...

um.. they are gone. long gone
lol

Kris said...

It's so nice when people are thoughtful and you see evidence, through their acts, that the Lord really is aware of you and your needs. Glad you have good visiting teachers since your sisters can't be there. :-(