Wednesday, August 11, 2010

bugs... and beans

This is my latest picking from my garden. They are Royal Burgundy beans. When boiled in water they turn green which is kinda sad because they are so beautiful in this rich purple color. And this is Avery's new hobby. Nana got him a bug vaccume! This is his first bug, it is a Ten-lined June beetle or Watermelon Beetle. He started a bug journal to keep track of all the bugs he catches. Fun times in my home!


Just a quick note to all who are wondering, yes I'm feeling much better. It willl take a while to get my strength back and what not but thus far all is well. Thanks for all the prayers!

5 comments:

Andy said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better sis! Those beans are beautiful. I agree with you... it's too bad they don't stay that color when cooked.

I can't believe Aves found that cool beetle. Mercer and his friends go bug hunting all the time - a vacuum would be a great addition to their current hunting gear (a mason jar and magnifying glass). :-)

Kris said...

What cool beans! And i"m so glad to hear you are feeling better. Wish I was there to help! And way to go on the bug catch, Ave! Does he have a name?

Washington Family said...

Hecka cool beans, I didn't know that there was such a bean!
What the heck you were sick?? What was going on? Well, I'm glad your feeling better.

Lee and Sharon said...

Come to my house and look for some bugs Avery. Bring your catcher and we will go bug hunting. So glad you are having fun with it.

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

pretty beans and I almost hate to say it but cool bug too Avery!