Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Welcome baby Carlie


Here are a couple of pics I took of Erin one holding a pic of carlie . I love the name! The rest of this post if from Erin, enjoy. -Mindy

After five weeks of bed rest and one week in the hospital, baby carlie joined the McSpadden family at 25 weeks and 2 days old (about 99 days early).

Erin wanted to let everyone know "how thankful we are for all of the prayers, we have been so blessed".

Some highlights:
*1-11oz (yes, that is only one pound)
*13 1/2 inches*Born October 28 2008 about 1 A.M.
*She came out strong & breathing on her own
*Apgar score was a 9 (which is amazing for a preemie)

-With love, Erin (mommy) & Jeremy, Avery, Bodee & Carlie

9 comments:

Derek and Edon said...

Congratulations, that apgar score is amazing. I am glad she looks so good

Alveybunch said...

I am so glad to hear that things have gone so well. Our prayers are with you and your sweet new baby.

Heidi said...

Wow! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I am so proud of you and Carlie, you are both SO strong! I LOVE you guys. Oh yeah and Jeremy is pretty strong too...he has done a GREAT job helping with Avery and Bodee.

Kiley said...

It's so good to SEE that you guys are well. We've been getting daily updates :). Let me know when you're ready for visitors. We can't wait to meet her. We will continue to keep you guys in our prayers. She's gorgeous. We love you!

Renee' P said...

Congratulations! That is so wonderful that she is so strong!
She is so tiny!!! I thought Dom was little at 4lbs.
I would love to come and visit you at the hospital. Do you need anything?
I can't wait to hear and see how she is doing!
We are praying for you and her!

Valerie said...

Wow! Congratulations on having such a great score. We're praying that everything continues to go as smoothly as possible!

Heather said...

wow! Congratulations! She's beautiful and quite the little fighter...what an amazing apgar score! So glad to see you are well, great job Erin! Bed rest is hard but well worth it!

Live everyday to its fullest said...

CONGRATS YOU TWO! WE ARE SO GLAD TO SEE A PICTURE OF THAT SWEETHEART! PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING WE CAN DO. WE LOVE YOU AND YOU WILL STILL BE IN OUR PRAYERS!

Maren and Dustin said...

Wow, no way! I was not expecting to see that post so soon (I'm sure you weren't either!) I'm so glad that you are both doing well- Congratulations.