Sunday, November 23, 2008

holding Carli

Nov 21st was the first time i got to hold Carli. They call it Kangaroo care. It was the most wonderful time! I got to hold her for a whole hour! Sorry you can't see her very well she was just taken off the ventilator and put on a CPAP it looks scary but really she is doing much better and breathing on her own. The CPAP just gives her "possitive pressure air flow" or something along those lines. That night she weighed 2lbs 3oz. and she is now 14 inches long.

7 comments:

Andy said...

yay for Kangaroo care! I'm so glad you finally got to hold her, sis.

Lee and Sharon said...

That was the most precious time for you Erin.

Renee' P said...

I am so glad you finally got to hold your precious daughter. It sounds like she is a fighter and doing sooooooo well. 2 more inches and 2 more lbs and that's what Dom was.

NACJMAC said...

I can't imagine how wonderful holding her must have been for you! I think about you guys everyday! So happy she's breathing better! So sweet to see her open her eyes too! Keep being strong through out this. You're amazing Erin!

Kris said...

Yea! I bet you absolutely loved that Ernie. Hang in there sis!

Live everyday to its fullest said...

Oh how wonderful Erin. Jer told me about it on Sat! I am so happy for you. I bet it was one of the best day of your life!

Amanda Impett said...

I'm so glad that you got to hold her. I'm also glad that she is doing well and is able to grow stronger. I will keep Carli and your family in my prayers.