Thursday, May 6, 2010

water, mud and what more mud...

Saturday we had a family day. It was long overdue. We headed to Idaho, spent some time down by the water, which is always a favorite of the boys. So many rocks and sticks to throw in we could have stayed for hours!



After our time at the lake we headed down the road ...
for some ...
fun in the mud?
OK so we started pretty clean, all was well
till we had to cross this stream.
Jer was wearing somewhat water resistant boots and I was just in shoes (nothing fit for walking through water). J decided that he would carry us all across. So up first were Carli and I. We got half way across the stream and I slipped off his back and got terribly wet anyway! Feet, bum and all.



Here he is bringing the boys across the stream.



After the stream crossing ...
the rest of the trail was full of mud puddles which of course you need to sit down in.
as shown here by Bo.
I have to say, after I was muddy and wet it was a lot more fun.
Just letting loose and playing in the puddles with the boys.

What a blast!

Carli was the only one who stayed clean.



This is a picture of the first stream we crossed.
As you can see it had some rocks to step on.
That made crossing a little easier.



These were my jeans after the ordeal.
That was not fun, driving home for an hour in wet pants.



Ah, sleeping boys after a long day of play!


I'd do it all again (mud and all) next weekend!






5 comments:

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

oh i love that you had your camera to document this erin! What a stress free day well except for the ride home in wet pants but the fun looks like it overshadowed that.

Andy said...

oh I'm so glad you put that all in pictures. You guys seem to have so much fun together. Now I see why I had more girls than boys.

Maren and Dustin said...

Boys and mud… it is simply a fact! My boys can't stay out of the stuff! I guess it's better to embrace it than fight it! Fun pictures.

Kris said...

I love boys! These pictures crack me up. Especially the one of Bo in the buddle and the boys totally waste din the car. I love the fact that little miss Carli is the only one to stay dry! I wonder if "tomboy" will ever rub off on her or if she'll always be a little girl despite her brothers' best efforts?

raybanoutlet001 said...

zzzzz2018.4.25
ralph lauren outlet
oakley sunglasses wholesale
kate spade outlet
new nike shoes
air jordan 8
hermes belt
ralph lauren outlet
fitflops
coach outlet
coach outlet